Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ):
- What is Medical Coding?
Medical Coding is the act of assigning a code to a medical service.
It consists of a system designed to uniformly represent and report medical services.
Basically, medical coding is medical language (documentation) translated into numbers.
- When will the next class start?
- Current Calendar
- Where are classes held?
The class is located at 8 South Dunlap, GEB, Memphis, TN 38163
Currently there are no online classes offered.
- What does the curriculum include?
Medical compliance & Third Party reimbursement
CPT with anatomy of organ systems (entire book)
HCPCS Level 2 entire book
Further Details in catalog
- What are the admissions requirements?
- Please review our admission requirements.
- How to enroll?
- Student must contact the director to discuss their knowledge and experience level for coding and/or billing practices that are current or past. Enrollment forms must be completed prior to enrollment. Further details are located under enrollment policy and admission tab.
- What is the cost?
Each class is $135 for four-to-six hours
Workbooks and membership cost is $185 (subject to change)
Textbooks, Examination and Membership costs are NOT included
- Are payment plans offered?
- Where to purchase textbooks?
- What textbooks to purchase?
The textbooks to purchase are:
- AMA-Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Professional Ed. (strongly recommended)
- International Classification of Diseases 10th, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM)
- Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) Level 2
- AAPC's approved manuals are stated at www.aapc.com/certification/cpc.aspx
- Are review classes offered?
Yes, each review class is offered at the end of each class session.
Review class schedule
- Certifications offered by AAPC are:
Certified Professional Coder CPC (Physician coding)
Certified Outpatient Coder (COC) Formerly known as CPC-H
Certified Professional Coder-Payer (CPC-P)
Certified Professional Biller (CPB)
Several Specialty Exams - refer to www.aapc.com
- Are CEU's offered?
Yes, but after student has passed the national examination. Refer to
AAPC's CEU policy.
Currently CUHA does not offer CEU's online.
- Staring pay for coders
- Examination Dates
- Examination Location
- General Information
- For general information see catalog.
- Program Description
- Course Curriculum full details are found in the catalog
- When is graduation held?
- Graduation ceremony is scheduled upon completion from the PMCC. The student will be provided a certificate of completion and a transcript during the graduation ceremony. Student will not receive contact hours for any class not attended.